|Location:||New South Wales|
About the Opportunity
This is a full-time permanent position working 35 hours/ week
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Housing Connector Caseworker to join our Doorways Program in our Central Coast team.
This role works to provide support to people sleeping rough on the Central Coast through strengths-based casework that is driven by the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
You’ll have the opportunity to support our clients via telephone and face to face providing advice and information; needs assessment; referral support; case coordination, outreach and short intervention support.
- Committed to want to connect and support people sleeping rough on the Central Coast
- Developing leading edge referral pathways in collaboration with local government and non-government service providers
- Setting up communication systems between housing providers so that organisations and programs are linked together advocating on behalf of service users
- Providing outreach services
- Provide intake and assessment of individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness into the program
- Provide culturally responsive and strengths based support to individuals and families in all aspects of service provision.
What you need to succeed
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications including social sciences, welfare or other areas of study relevant to the role.
- Experience working with homeless people and families, and a passion and commitment to work with people sleeping rough in our local community.
- The ability to actively engage people in crisis using a client-centred approach and assess families/individual needs using a strengths-based approach;
- The ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues facing people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Current drivers licence and willingness to use own or private vehicle (with comprehensive insurance) for work related travel if required, and willingness to transport induvial and families
- Understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity, WH&S and a willingness to embrace diversity.
Should you have any questions, please contact Alex Sullivan from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team