At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
We are looking for a Consultant / Senior Consultant to join the Enterprise Risk and Internal Audit team of our Perth Consulting practice. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for working on multiple client engagement teams within the practice.
- You can expect to work with top tier public and private sector clients, addressing compliance, financial, operational and strategic risk, as well as develop internal audit plans, perform internal control testing and prepare reports with our findings and recommendations.
- You will assess the client’s current state processes and controls and identify opportunities to mitigate risk as well as improve process efficiency, effectiveness and business performance.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture.
- Ability to contribute to high quality deliverables which provide relevant insights underpinned by a keen attention to detail.
- The skills to apply a structured approach to project management and documentation, and a demonstrated understanding of risk-based auditing methodologies.
To qualify for the role you must have
- An existing understanding of key business systems, processes, risks and controls.
- Demonstrated experience in risk consulting and/or Internal Audit from both a compliance and performance improvement perspective.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple engagements and working effectively in a team.
- Exceptional time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Efficient and articulate report writing skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working for a large corporate, government or professional services organisation as a risk consultant and/or Internal Auditor.
- Existing or in progress professional qualifications such as Certified Internal Auditor, Chartered Accountant, Certified Practicing Accountant or other relevant certifications.