At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
EY’s Strategy and Transactions division offers corporate, government and private equity clients’ professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to deal execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic objectives.
Transaction Strategy and Execution is a dedicated team within EY’s Strategy and Transactions division, with over 80 management consultants helping clients achieve their strategic objectives in acquisitions and divestments.
We cover a wide range of operational aspects in a transaction, including synergy assessments, separation readiness and support, operational due diligence and supporting the integration or separation process. With an unrivalled track record in the industry, you will have the opportunity to be part of the largest dedicated integrations, separations and transition practice in Oceania, involved in Oceania’s most interesting transactions.
We are part of a rapidly growing, specialised team in EY Australia that stands out for a few reasons:
- We are the largest dedicated integrations and separations practice in Australia
- We combine both operational and transaction experience
- We attract and retain leading talent by providing opportunities to work on high-profile M&A transactions in a supportive environment
- EY Strategy and Transactions practice has ranked first in Oceania for the past 7 consecutive years in Mergermarket’s Accountant Advisor league tables on highest value and volume of deals
Based in Brisbane, this role offers the potential to experience working with clients across multiple industry sectors, as well as within functions across the EY Strategy and Transactions network.
Your key responsibilities
- Acting as a trusted advisor for clients, as part of the national EY team, across all sectors, in developing and executing strategies for transactions
- Developing client deliverables, in a fast-paced environment, and presenting to decision-makers
- Collaborating on a range of different type of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g. operational due diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (e.g. integration planning, tracking) and restructuring (e.g. rapid cost reduction).
- Reporting directly to Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners, as well as collaborating widely with colleagues from our SaT and Advisory practices
- Learning and developing technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning and experiences
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- 1-3 years of experience in Professional Services, management consulting, M&A or related corporate experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis, ideally able to evaluate a company’s financials
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including delivering high-quality reports and presentations
- Excellent team-working skills, thriving within high performing teams and exhibiting a high EQ with a low ego
- A strong ability to confidently challenge problems with solutions, curiosity and creative thinking
- Dedicated, professional and consistent work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Enthusiasm and drive in a fast-paced M&A environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An ability to research companies and industries, synthesising and analysing a large set of qualitative and quantitative data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and research tools
- Flexibility with occasional travel requirements of client projects