At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
We are looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant to join our Infrastructure Advisory practice in Brisbane.
Our Infrastructure Advisory practice advises Government on some of the highest profile projects around Australia, and major companies charged with delivering, operating and maintaining that infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to work across all major infrastructure sectors; from power and utilities to transport, health and human services, to education and justice.
Within those sectors you’ll be advising across the infrastructure lifecycle. This includes policy development and strategy, economic analysis, financial and commercial analysis in support of project investment decision-making, procurement, supporting transaction evaluation, negotiation and execution, and advising on strategy and optimisation post-delivery.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and use financial models
- Draft clear, well written and easy to understand reports and presentations
- Provide commercial, financial and strategic advice to clients
- Manage assignments by ensuring that work products and services are oriented to each client’s needs, clear, accurate and well presented
- Manage internal engagement economics and ensure quality and risk management protocols are followed
- Support business development through the production of proposals and ensuring the high quality of our outputs
- Building relationships with clients and other industry professionals.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A solid grasp of commercial and financial concepts as applied to major projects, with a willingness to learn and apply constructive feedback.
- An interest in the development of financial, economic and other analytical models
- Enthusiasm and willingness to problem solve, especially where the solution requires non-linear thinking
- Analytical writing style and attention to detail
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Experience in Consulting environment