|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer’s communications business provides an end-to-end wireless communications capability to design, build and maintain critical infrastructure for our customers across the Carrier, Transport, Resources, Government, Defence and Utilities sectors. Our capability comprises RAN design, site acquisition, site design, construction, integration, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services. Technologies we design, and construct include UMTS, LTE, 5G, P25, Tetra, UHF and VHF across multiple vendors equipment.
Downer has been engaged to provide design and construction services for greenfields, site upgrades, co-locations, small cells, site relocations and transmission upgrades for major carrier networks, public safety and smaller scale private networks. The expectation is for strong wireless project growth into 2020 and entry into new markets.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Deployment Engineer you will enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team of designers, engineers and project support team members this role will involve contributing to and coordinating activities related to the design of mobile base station facilities from feasibility to detailed design stage. The role will also require co-ordination and management of field related activities during the construction phase. This role will be based in Gladesville, NSW .
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Deployment/Project Engineer on large scale mobile telecommunications project
- Demonstrated experience with design, construction and integration of Australian Telecommunications Carriers networks, specifically Telstra
- Tertiary qualification in Telecommunication Engineering or Construction
- Proven Construction Partner management experience
- Proven Quality Assurance experience within the Telecommunications industry
- Knowledge of 4G and 5G equipment: BTS, RRUs, antenna and feeder systems. Experience with Ericsson equipment mandatory
- Ability to interpret For Construction drawings and generate scopes of work, bill of materials and complete constructability reviews
- Ability to work closely with the Construction Manager to co-ordinate start dates, site inductions, inspections, material delivery and resolve site design and construction issues.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support.
For more information please contact Puck Jonker Talent & Sourcing on Puck.Jonker@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.