|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
The Logistics Manager is responsible for managing the logistics team in the coordination of personnel and equipment requirements for Projects & Field Services.
- Responsible for all modes of Transportation for project execution which includes High Rail, Vehicles maintenance and reporting.
- Review and plan work to ensure technical aspects of the job are clear and to become familiar with contractual arrangements made with the customer.
- Implement vehicle management processes to ensure that maintenance and running costs are controlled and minimised.
- Ensure equipment and tooling secured for projects are controlled and accounted for correctly.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Logistic or Commercial Role
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects and assignments
- Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing structure, process, information and/or technology.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.