At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We’re looking for Data Visualisation specialists to join our team. A person who is passionate about delivering insight through visualising data. A person who understands that the user experience (UX) should extend to all people within an organisation not just end customers. A person who thrives on sharing knowledge and actively seeks to train and educate others on improving how data is accessed and presented to decision makers. You will be part of a specialist d.a.t.a (data, analytics, technology, and automation) risk team with links into the broader EY D&A community. This is a key role supporting analytics and broader risk management offering to our financial services clients. You can expect to work with top tier clients across insurance, banking, wealth/ asset management and superannuation.
The role is offered is full time or part time and there are a variety of flexible working arrangements available. If you are currently located in Australia, transferring sponsorship is also an option.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for spreading data literacy and enthusiasm for data visualisation
- You will design and develop dynamic dashboards/reports and interactive visualizations utilizing various reporting components from multiple data sources
- You will identify opportunities to automate, optimize performance, consolidate, and simplify dashboards
- You will continuously look for innovation data visualisation solutions using new tools and technology and contribute to thought leadership at EY
- You will educate and train your colleagues and clients to build reports, dashboards and connect to data while also providing visual best practices and design guidance to achieve data-driven decisions
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for people who have most of the following skills and experience and/or have a willingness to learn. Unicorns are welcome.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 5 years of hands-on reporting design and development experience using one or more tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, ThoughtSpot, Spotfire, MicroStrategy, Houdini, SharePoint, D3
- Baseline SQL / data preparation skills are essential with additional programming in languages such as Python, R, Java, HTLM etc. an advantage
- Experience with large data sets, analysing data, extracting relevant information and producing actionable and effective reporting dashboards and visual solutions user-friendly reports for a diverse set of users
- Proven capability and desire to develop junior staff, build high performing teams and effectively delegate with appropriate levels of support
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners, data engineers, data scientist and analysts
- Project management skills and experience managing multiple projects
- Proven experience in collaborating with data engineers, analytics, reporting professionals and data scientists generating actionable insights
- A risk mindset
Ideally, you’ll also
- Experience on a cloud based big data platform such as AWS and Azure
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional communication, documentation, project management and presentation skills
- Insurance, Banking and Wealth Management experience an advantage but not essential
- Risk management experience an advantage but not essential
- Experience in (or a willingness to learn) how to performance tune dashboards/ reports and apply security roles
- Experience in (or a willingness to learn) design thinking, prototyping, wire-framing, and other design tools