At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We’re looking for insight analysts to join our team. A person who is passionate about delivering insight through data and analytics. A person who thrives on sharing knowledge and actively seeks to train and educate others on improving how data is accessed and presented to decision makers. You will be part of a specialist d.a.t.a (data, analytics, technology and automation) risk team with links into the broader EY D&A community. This is a key role supporting analytics and broader risk management offering to our financial services clients. You can expect to work with top tier clients across insurance, banking, wealth/ asset management and superannuation.
The role is offered is full time or part time and there are a variety of flexible working arrangements available. If you are currently located in Australia, transferring sponsorship is also an option.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for spreading data literacy and enthusiasm for data, analytics, technology and automation
- You will be the translator between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You will define the requirements and technical specifications and deliver data and analytic use cases working collaboratively with other team members and our clients
- You will peer review data and analytic assets providing recommendations
- You will conduct data and analytic benchmarking using EY frameworks
- You will act as a data / analytics subject matter resource (SMR) on one or more of the following topics: data migration; data transformation; data science; data visualisation; data governance; data privacy
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for people who have most of the following skills and experience and/or have a willingness to learn. Unicorns are welcome.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 2 years of hands-on reporting design and development experience using one or more tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, ThoughtSpot, Spotfire, MicroStrategy
- Intermediate SQL / data preparation skills are essential with additional programming in languages such as Python, R, Java, HTLM etc. an advantage
- Experience with large data sets, analysing data, extracting relevant information and producing actionable insights. Process mining experience would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners, data engineers, data scientist and analysts
- Proven experience in collaborating with data engineers, analytics, reporting professionals and data scientists generating actionable insights
- A risk mindset
Ideally, you’ll also
- Experience on a cloud based big data platform such as AWS and Azure
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional communication, documentation, project management and presentation skills
- Insurance, Banking and Wealth Management experience an advantage but not essential
- Risk management experience an advantage but not essential