The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for an experienced Consultant/Senior Consultant within the Mergers & Acquisitions team in our Perth office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- Be involved in all stages of the transaction process, including deal preparation, preparing market materials, bidder research, conducting pricing analyses, due diligence preparation and coordination, to completion
- Prepare industry research/market mapping to assist in identifying potential acquisition targets for both private equity investors and corporate strategic buyers
- Contribute to new lead generation including businesses that should be targeted by the firm as potential clients
- Contribute to strong client relationships through interactions with our clients
- Contribute to engagement planning and ensure that deliverables meet the project timeline
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical skills, communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- An excellent working knowledge of Excel to develop financial models
- A curiosity to learn and contribute to a high performing team
- Ability to use research databases effectively
Ideally, you’ll also have
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline
- An existing right to work in Australia