Requisition ID: 39663
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Civil Drafter /GIS Operator to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Civil Site Development team in Brisbane.
Our Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group forms an integrated core that provides clients with outstanding project execution through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise. From concept to operation, we’re committed to providing traditional services alongside proprietary technologies and innovative thinking to deliver custom, cost-effective solutions.
From studies, analysis, and design to construction supervision and monitoring, our DES group specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modelling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management.
Interested in being part of pursuing and developing new technologies, unlocking constraints, and bringing more value to our clients’ operations? Join our team today!
As the successful candidate you will;
- Supporting the group by providing drafting requirements on projects associated with a wide range of projects – mining, public infrastructure design, stormwater/wastewater/water design, bulk earthworks and haul roads, retaining walls and geotechnical investigations.
- Utilize GIS software to assist teams on projects as mentioned above.
- Produce GIS sketches from engineering outputs and public available information
- Produce and maintain data and spatial layers
- Issue drawing and PDF sets - from concept plans through to consent and construction issues and as-built drawings.
- Assist with document control procedures, uploading/downloading files for clients, drawing databases, standard detail libraries and undertake any other activities which are consistent with the accountabilities and responsibilities as listed above.
You will bring to this role;
- Experience in a civil engineering drafting and GIS role.
- Proficiency in any of the following software – AutoCAD, Bentley Microstation, ArcGIS and or MapInfo software packages.
- Degree/Diploma or Certificate in Geographic Information System (GIS), Drafting (CAD), or equivalent experience to enable the job holder to perform and train in the duties and functions of the position.
- Ability to work in a small team or independently.
- Good communication skills and general computer literacy (CAD, Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow-up actions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions based on sound judgement.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Full-time, permanent role with a tier-one engineering consultancy
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen, hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.