|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand has a proud history that can be traced back to 1870, and today we are NZ’s leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment is building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions. The key to our success is our people who, on a day-to-day basis, they stand and deliver the company's core values of Excellence, Courage, and Collaboration & Integrity across a diverse landscape of markets. We are proud of what we do, and that we support the well-being of the communities we work, live and play in.
About the role:
Downer is a leading provider of Facilities Management services across New Zealand. We provide integrated facilities management services spanning from public amenity services to high-tech data centre management. Our Engineering Services team in Auckland have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HVAC Technician to support our contracts and project delivery.
This role will see you involved in the delivery of proactive and reactive HVAC works. You will be a skilled technician who is able to both work autonomously and as part of a team. You will be experienced in a commercial HVAC environment. You will be involved in cleaning, adjusting and repairing HVAC systems, performing preventative maintenance, performing emergency repairs, keeping good job notes and records of maintenance jobs and ensuring compliance with appliance standards.
To be successful in this exciting role you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Level 4 Certificate in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration and minimum of 4 years’ experience post qualification
- Refrigerant Handling Certificate and either a full or limited Electrical Service Technician License
- Proven experience in the service and installation of HVAC equipment and systems
- Chiller and Chilled Water Experience required but could be optional for the right candidate
- Knowledge and understanding of Building Automation and Controls would be an advantage
- Experience in working with process coolers/data cooling and the understanding of temperature control within this environment
- Ability to fault find and provide solutions under pressure
- Current Class 1 Full NZ Drivers Licence
- A strong work ethic / commitment to safety with excellent time management skills
- A positive, proactive approach and a willingness to learn
- Good verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- Technically minded with an eye for detail and confidence using smart device job management Apps.
What we offer:
A role with us can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 578723 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.