|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral Australia has a current vacancy to join our diverse and dynamic Boral Land and Property Group (BLPG) as Senior Planning and Development Manager Southern Region. The role will be directly reporting to the National Void Rehabilitation Manager and will be based at our regional office in Port Melbourne (VIC).
The role is to provide all Boral business units with direction and professional advice/ assistance on all aspects of planning and development. The role is integral to securing Boral’s right to occupy and use its land. Boral’s property use rights are reflected in a range of documents e.g. leases, licenses, mining tenements, planning, and statutory approvals. Your essential responsibility of the role is the identification, preparation for, and negotiation of a successful outcome on all planning and approval-related matters.
This requires demonstrated leadership skills in managing consultants/contractors, guiding business partners, engaging and influencing stakeholders. Also you will be working closely with and take direction from the National Void Rehabilitation Manager BLPG - Southern Region and expected to foster, support the development of positive relationships with each Boral Division, within BLPG and provide value-added services.
To be considered for this role, you should have the following qualifications, experience, and attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- At least 10 years’ experience in the town planning, property, and development field preferably with consulting experience, and with the ability to provide authoritative and clear direction for the businesses;
- Understanding and expertise of Planning & Development across VIC, SA & TAS;
- Proven ability to negotiate and communicate with external stakeholders, senior management, operational management, local and state government, and statutory authorities to secure tenure and the right to operate;
- Good networking and relationship skills;
- Relevant (construction or mining) industry knowledge and experience;
- Strong communication skills including listening, negotiating, persuading, and presentation;
- Organisational skills including planning, goal setting, and analysing;
- Advanced conceptual skills along with energy, vision, and positive attitude; and
- Flexible, creative, and persistent.
This position offers a challenging and exciting career with an industry leader and provides genuine career growth opportunities. A competitive remuneration package is being offered. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees and contractors.
If you are interested in this role please press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete, and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard, and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA, and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age