|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to join a company that’s currently redefining the future of Australia? If so, come and join the nbn team, our people have a clear vision and a common goal, to transform Australia’s digital landscape. We’re committed to providing an environment within nbn that’s both diverse and inclusive, a place where all people can thrive. Where innovative minds create new ways for Australians to live, work and play.
An exciting opportunity has presented itself to join the IT nbn Team as a Senior Network Design Engineer.
A bit about your role
The Senior Network Design Engineer is a position within the SEO Transit Chapter and reports to the Network Engineering Lead. The role is part of an Agile Delivery Team within nbn’s System Engineering and Operations (SEO) division. Each Delivery Team develops new nbn network capabilities to enable nbn business and operational objectives.
In the context of these responsibilities the Senior Network Design Engineer is a key contributor within the Delivery Team for network capability designs (This includes: User Stories, High Level Designs and Specifications).
The Senior Network Design Engineer acts as a subject matter expert for related network capability delivery and actively participates in design and test activities, including but not limited to:
- Providing Engineering work breakdown (Epics into user stories), sizing and commitments for Program Increment (PI) planning and on an ongoing basis with fellow Delivery Team members.
- Developing high quality Engineering High Level and Detailed Designs, Configurations and deliverables to introduce nbn’s evolved Ethernet Aggregation Network and associated platforms aligned to Solution Architecture and chapter engineering standards.
- Contributing to the success of Quarterly Program Increment (PI) planning workshops, daily stand-ups, team demonstrations/showcases, iteration planning, and retrospectives.
- Design, develop & execute development and system integration test to test the design according to the capability test strategy and chapter test standards.
- Supporting First Time Deployments, migrations and Operational handover activities, Configuration and other deliverables through to production stability.
The Senior Network Design Engineer develops and maintains strong relationships with other senior roles in the Delivery Team including - the Product Owner (responsible for the scope of what the team delivers). Lead Design Engineer (responsible for providing technical leadership to the team) and Iteration Lead (responsible for Agile delivery practices).
The Senior Network Design Engineer also develops and maintains peer engagement with:
- other Delivery Teams to facilitate design interlock and alignment; and external stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of new network capabilities into nbn production network.
A bit about you
The ideal candidate is an individual who has experience with development of new end-to-end telecommunication network capabilities and is a subject matter expert in one or more telecommunications technology domains.
Additionally, you will ideally meet the below criteria to be successful in this role:
- At least 5 years’ experience in design, configuration, testing and deploying network technologies in a carrier environment.
- Experience working within engineering teams in an Agile/SAFe or other process driven development environment.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of end-to-end telecommunication network solutions.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in one or more telecommunication network domain.
- Demonstrates experience in EAN (including AggEvo), AAS, SCN, BNTD, NCN, SEM, 5620SAM, NFM-P, EPNM and Optima systems and protocols.
- Experience in High Level Design of new telecommunication network capabilities.
- Technical knowledge of EAN (including AggEvo), AAS, SCN, BNTD, NCN, SEM, 5620SAM, NFM-P, EPNM, and Optima network testing and configuration.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and technical writing skills.
Life at nbn
Please note that this role is available as a Permanent opportunity.
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace where everyone can feel valued, respected and have equal opportunity to thrive and succeed. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures - including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTI+ community and people living with disability. We're happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – we encourage you to advise us at the time of the application via email@example.com
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.