At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Banking and Capital Markets team works with clients in Financial Services with regulatory/risk modelling challenges in areas such as Market risk, Credit risk and Operational risk. BCM works closely with other financial services risk practitioners, technology consulting and financial accounting teams, bringing together the range of quantitative modelling and technical skillsets needed to support clients’ often highly specific and complex requirements. We are looking for consultants (1 years of relevant experience), senior consultants (3 years of relevant experience) to join our Banking and Capital Markets (BCM) quantitative services team in our Sydney and Melbourne offices.
An important part of your role will be to support the delivery of engagements. actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements. In line with our commitment to quality, you will determine that work is of a high quality.
These roles are offered on a flexible full-time basis. We are looking for talented, innovative and ambitious professionals with experiences in a quantitative role in the financial services industry as a practitioner and / or consulting.
Due to COVID-19 at this time we are looking for Australian or New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist in the delivery of quantitative risk engagements
- Work with a highly driven team across a range of projects focused on risks that banks and other financial services companies are exposed too.
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining
communication, and updating senior team members on progress.
- Utilise and develop your quantitative, problem solving, statistical, analytical and communication skills through model development and model validation engagements.
- Adopt a client-centred mindset.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Advanced quantitative and other analytical skills.
- Confident and credible communicator, both oral and written.
- Keen desire to continue developing and integrating quantitative skills within both a challenging and rewarding commercial environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills and good knowledge of other MS office products, along with an eagerness to acquire new skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following software development environments is preferred: SAS, SQL, VBA, R, Python or C .
- Strong academic background including at least a Bachelor’s degree (Actuarial, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering) or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. FIAA, AIAA, CFA).
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstrated experience in working in a teaming environment and achieving team goals
- A solid understanding of the business and regulatory challenges being faced by our clients