|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in security.
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages.
- Experience with network protocols and secure network design.
- Experience in the development of security tools, automation, or frameworks.
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods.
- Experience in operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android).
- Experience in authentication and access control, and applied cryptography and security protocols.
About the job
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
The Infrastructure Protection Security team is a global Engineering team that helps design, build, and use infrastructure securely at scale. Security Engineers work on a broad set of efforts focusing on scaling and automating security infrastructure and processes. We contribute to open source security software, conduct applied research, and implement novel technologies and architecture to work with enterprise security across a diversity of computing platforms such as mobile and cloud. Examples include establishing and enforcing perimeters to protect all of Google’s environments, defending a diverse set of clients and servers in difficult environments, from common operating systems to emerging software and hardware platforms, and evolving authentication, access infrastructure, and policy to simplify user experience and keep Google safe. Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Work on next generation platform security designs and projects
- Build security tools and processes using Python or Go for critical infrastructure protection, monitoring and remediation
- Sharpen common operating systems used at Google
- Drive enterprise focused security improvements to Google products and services
- Assess risk within the context of real threats faced by Google platforms