At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
Are you looking for a career that will help create better cities and more productive economies? Do you want to shape the places where people live and work and the connections they depend on?
EY’s Strategy and Transaction’s team in Melbourne is looking for new members to work with our clients and be part of a team that are leaders in their fields, with a wealth of knowledge and thinking that will challenge and inspire you.
Our diverse team has advised on some of our largest and most complex infrastructure and urban development initiatives working side by side with governments and the private sector to provide impactful advice on urban policy, strategy and economics. Being part of an energetic team, you will have the opportunity to grow your problem-solving and advisory capabilities while learning innovative approaches to address the infrastructure agenda of our cities.
Our advice covers many aspects of the transport and urban development sector. Some examples of our recent work include:
- Developing strategies to realise value-adding urban renewal and the integrated delivery of infrastructure and employment in precincts such as Fisherman’s Bend and Arden (in central Melbourne)
- Guiding Government and private sector decision making on complex, city-shaping transport investment
- Providing strategic advice and thought leadership on disruptive policy issues such as digital built environment, future mobility and the circular economy in infrastructure
Your key responsibilities
- Deliver strategic consulting, business planning and implementation advice for public and private clients on transport and urban development initiatives
- Work with integrated teams and solutions across EY, often in partnership with technical specialists and our client organisations, to play a lead advisor role on complex transport and urban development projects
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative research and analysis (e.g. of transport, industry and customer) to support government and private sector policy making and strategies, investment appraisal and decision-making
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline, such as commerce, economics, engineering, data analysis or planning
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and with clients
- Exceptional report writing, communication and presentation skills (Word, PowerPoint)
- Skilled in both qualitative and quantitative analysis and problem-solving
- A strong interest and/or experience in the transport, urban development, infrastructure or government sectors in either a consulting or client-side capacity
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Familiarity with government and/or private infrastructure approaches to project planning and business case development
- Familiarity with or a strong interest in data visualisation and spatial analytical methods and software packages (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, GIS software)