At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
Are you looking for a career that will help create better cities and more productive economies? Do you want to shape the places where people live and work and the connections they depend on?
EY’s Infrastructure Advisory team in Melbourne is looking for new members to work with our clients and be part of a team of transport and urban economists that are leaders in their fields, with a wealth of knowledge and thinking that will challenge and inspire you.
Our diverse team has worked on some of our largest and most complex transport and urban development projects working side by side with governments and the private sector to shape investments and support better decision making with rigorous economic analysis and advice.
Being part of an energetic team, you will have the opportunity to lead on investment appraisals and learn innovative approaches to economic analysis to inform the infrastructure agenda of our cities. Some examples of our recent work include:
- Developing the business cases and economic evaluations for city shaping transport investments, such as North East Link and the Level Crossing Removal Project
- Providing economic analysis of the benefits and costs of Victoria’s major road and rail projects, including through formal cost-benefit analysis (CBA) using the outputs of multi-modal transport models
- Mapping and analysing industry and employment changes that have resulted from infrastructure investments and government decisions
- Modelling the interaction between transport projects, urban policy and development outcomes, for example looking at the impact of transport investments on property values
Your key responsibilities
- Advise high profile public and private clients on major transport infrastructure and urban development initiatives, through economic analysis, policy reviews and business case development
- Undertake transport, spatial and economic analysis to inform reports and investment advice, to support government and private sector strategies and decision-making
- As a Manager; mentor, coach and support junior team members, while producing high quality deliverables in a timely fashion
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline, such as economics or engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and manage people and clients
- Experience in the transport or urban economics sector, with and skills in economic analysis and cost-benefit analysis, data/spatial analysis and econometrics
- Exceptional report writing and communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of using transport model results to inform economic analysis and CBA
- Knowledge of data/spatial analytical methods and software packages (e.g. which could include one or more of Power BI, Alteryx, GIS packages, programming, etc.)