|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 36,000 km of road. Our business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
A fantastic opportunity is now available for a qualified and experienced Diesel Fitter / Mechanic working within our Roads Services Plant Business based out of our workshop in Berrimah, NT.
You will be responsible for maintaining our fleet, including but not limited to Pavers, Profilers, Skid Steers, Rollers and Construction Equipment. You may also be required to work off-site on an as-need basis so some travel may be required.
This role will suit someone who has worked within the earthmoving industry or the roads transport industry working on diesel equipment. In addition to this you will have:
- Trade Certificate - Heavy Diesel Mechanic / Fitter or Equivalent (essential)
- Current HR Licence (essential)
- Current Forklift Licence (essential)
- Welding and fabrication experience will be considered advantageous
- Experience working on heavy mobile equipment, trucks and diesel engines
- Basic hydraulic knowledge
- Strong fault-finding skills and break down support
- A good attitude with the proven ability to work efficiently with others
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
WHAT WE OFFER
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- On-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an industry leader
With your application, please ensure you attach a copy of your Resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact: Alicia Jacobson – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner
P: 0437 295 356
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.