At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
We are looking for Big Data Engineers to join our Data and Analytics teams across Sydney and Melbourne at Consultant, Senior Consultant, Manager and Senior Manager levels.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations.
We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
Your key responsibilities
- Work with diverse stakeholders to identify their challenges with data that can be addressed using various Analysis techniques
- Researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
- Writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- Contribute to design data structures for data ingestion, integration and analytics layers on a variety of technologies
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture, Implementation and Development in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career.
Skills and attributes for success
We’re looking for people with a passion in data analytics, looking for a career where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-pace consulting environment.
- Hands-on experience as a data engineer with Spark, KAFKA, Python, Java, SQL, Scala etc
- Strong project delivery toolset experience in open source data integration tools
- Ability to define and develop data integration patterns and pipelines
- Ability to assess complexity of data (volume, structure, relationship etc.)
- Hands on experience working with different data bases (RDBMS, NoSQL, Blob storage etc)
- Hands on technical expertise setting up DevOps automation using tools such as Jenkins, Github etc
- Hands on experience working technologies/platform e.g. Dockers, Containers, Openstack, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience building data profiling and data cleansing frameworks
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients