|Job Type:||Full Time|
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expert level Java application development experience using Java 8/9/11, Spring boot, Cassandra, relational databases (Oracle, Sybase or MSSQL Server), MQ / JMS (message transfer)
- Experience working with Maven/Groovy, CI/CD and Unit testing frameworks including Junit5, Cucumber or similar.
- Experience using version control tools such as GIT
- Experience building performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code and fine tuning application response / performance testing
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Self-starter with a proven ability to independently drive initiatives through to completion
- Nice to haves:
- Cloud computing experience e.g. AWS, Cloud Foundry
- Working Financial knowledge
- Agile development experience is desirable