|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Intelligence Analyst - Melbourne or Sydney based
As a start-up business inside Australia's largest liquor retailer, EndeavourX aims to bring the best of Endeavour Drinks to our customers, powered by our team, technology, and data. To achieve our customer-first strategy, we have combined the Digital & eCommerce businesses for Dan Murphy’s and BWS to transform the customer experience under one brand - EndeavourX.
With an industry-leading technology team, backed by analytics, we’re resourceful and willing to experiment. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
At EndeavourX, we also believe in flexible working, and our teams also have the option to work from home.
In this role, you will
- Build custom dashboards, reports, and business applications.
- Develop our data assets and access to these assets to drive improved decision-making in our merchandising teams.
- Deliver a core set of robust and reconciled data assets.
- Align with our analytics-led culture: Increase in use of data, analytics, and insights to drive performance.
- Work with the wider D&A team and community to design, construct, install, test, and maintain scalable reporting and database/datamart solutions and analytic tools/apps for our team.
- Build curated dataset from various internal and external data sources on our Google Cloud Platform.
- Develop data-set processes for data modeling, mining and production.
As our successful candidate, you will form part of a newly created, cross-functional Business Intelligence team, designated to create standardised and consistent business performance reporting. You will be embedded in Agile cross-functional teams and will be excited to be a part of the transformation journey we are currently on. Have proven experience in a similar role where you have worked across data migration, transformation & integration being hands-on working with Cloud technologies.
This role will involve extracting data from multiple sources and building out curated datasets for ingestion into BI reporting and for use by other analytics team members. As part of the analytics team, you will also be able to leverage the capability that exists across the other team members. By developing strong relationships, shared ways of working, and leveraging the skills of the team we aim to build a strong analytics capability and embed data and insight into the business.
Key tools utilised
- Cloud platforms - Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- SQL, Teradata, Excel
- HTML is nice to have
- Have a minimum of 5 years of working experience using BI technologies
- Strong Technical experience with BI dashboarding/reporting tools (Tableau/PowerBi or similar).
- Understanding of visual design for reporting to optimise UX.
- Strong hands-on ETL experience and strong SQL skills.
- Excellent experience in Data Conversion/Migration Projects within a consulting-led environment.
- Strong experience with databases, DB queries, able to manipulate data & understand impacts on performance (SQL, Teradata, excel etc).
- Ensure end-to-end solution designs meet the needs of the client, provide for a quality technical solution, and comply with architectural directions and enterprise standards.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams within an agile delivery framework.
- Experience in technical operations working with Cloud technologies (GCP, Azure).
What's in it for you
- An attractive remuneration package
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Training and education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative leveraging great partnerships we have with Google, Microsoft, and others
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Innovative environment working with the latest and greatest tools and technology on the market. Upskill in Cloud technologies!
Above all, we are seeking innovators and thought leaders who will help us bring a little good to everyone, every day. #work180 #LI
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmasterwines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!