|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft would like to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We aspire to create innovation that touches billions of lives around the world. You can be part of this journey at a personal, local and global level.
The aim of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization is to help Microsoft grow through our vibrant and thriving ecosystem of partners.
We are looking for a Partner Development Manager to work in our Canberra office working with our Canberra partners and a select number of Global Systems Integrators with strong Canberra presence. These partners touch both the Federal and Defence and Intelligence industries as well as the Partner’s operations Australia Wide. The objective of our partner engagement is to define and realise mutual success in the Partner’s and Microsoft’s business aspirations.
The Partner Development Manager (PDM) role is responsible for the 360 degree business relationship by partner type that could potentially build, sell, service and support Microsoft’s three cloud solutions. The PDM is the pivotal role in the relationships Microsoft builds with partner companies.
You will be joining a high performing team that works together to support our partners and their customers with strong transformation, collaboration and learning skills. More specifically;
- Work with Partners to identify new markets and emerging opportunities for Microsoft.
- Identify and fill gaps through partners to facilitate solution development
- Create strategic relationships with key partners to build out the ecosystem
- Build and maintain 360 degree executive Partner relationships
- Build joint solutions portfolios with key partners, determine go to market, sales and engagement strategies with partners
- Orchestrate across key roles in the partner and Microsoft teams (sales, technical, enablement) to execute strategy.
- Collaborate with a number of peers and stakeholders
- Coordinate and lead face-to-face Partner meetings with senior and C-Level Executives.
- Be responsible for partner growth, sales, quality and performance in their Microsoft practice
This role should have experience working with government information technology environments, government programs and acquisition cycles. A working knowledge of key industry sectors, the context of technology in these sectors and have dealt with the relationship management of customers and partners. Ideally you will have at least 5+ years technology business development and/or consulting experience working in the Tech Sector. Ability to communicate directly with senior government, partner and industry leaders. A good understanding of cloud technologies, transformation initiatives and ideally Microsoft solutions in this space. Have expertise with enterprise solutions and partners; leadership, sales, negotiation, organizational, creative, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.