|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor's degree in Design, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience as a UX Designer or similar role
- Experience collaborating closely with Product Managers to define and explore product opportunities
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools
- Understanding of technical requirements and limitations
- Creative approach and an ability to turn ideas into richly functional and visually slick prototypes
About the job
In this role, you will design engaging first-time experiences as well as power tools for users to edit and update the Maps. You will design experiences that engage and inspire people to contribute.
Geo builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Design and collaborate with different teams to create UGC experience across Geo. Present and advocate work in design reviews and participate in team-wide design efforts.
- Develop innovative UGC experiences to inspire people to contribute and interact with Maps.
- Create storyboards, mockups, and prototypes that effectively communicate design ideas.
- Provide creative and holistic thinking across mobile, web and other devices.
- Contribute to UX patterns within an evolving design language.