|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
About the role
We have an opportunity on one of our Defence engagements in an above the line capacity to provide network engineering expertise to Defence Strategic Communications Sustainment to design and implement changes to the Defence network environment.
Key accountabilities include:
- Undertake technical network project activities.
- Develop network designs and associated design documentation.
- Understand business requirements ns and translate into network design solutions.
- Engage with Technical Authorities to achieve Design Acceptance.
- Undertake technical stakeholder engagement and coordination.
- Develop technical change documentation required for Defence ITSM Change processes.
- Undertake network build activities and/or oversight of Defence and/or third party technical resources to complete network build activities.
- Provision of ad-hoc network engineering expertise.
Skills and Experience
- Broad technical understanding of ICT within the Defence domain.
- Experience in the design of complex networks, including Data Centres, Wide Area and Local Area Networks.
- Experience developing high level network designs, detailed designs and test plans.
- Experience with commercial and high assurance encryption technologies.
- Understanding of a broad range of network protocols and technologies such as MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, STP, EAP-TLS, PEAP, SIP, SNMP and QoS.
- Experience with Juniper and Cisco routing/switching and Aruba wireless.
- Experience with unified communications and enterprise VOIP solutions.
- Understanding of CIOG’s Technical Assurance Framework (TAF).
Eligibility – Due to the nature of the role, we require candidates to be Australian Citizens and hold a current NV2 security clearance.
What we offer:
- A values driven business with a focus on our people, our relationships, integrity and excellence in delivery
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Referral bonuses
- Work and lifestyle balance
For further information please contact Korinda Laine at email@example.com
To apply please click “Apply For This Job”
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).