Last updated 6 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices.
Have you ever found yourself rewriting onboarding tours, in-app tips, or product tutorials in your head? Do you consider information to be a powerful and essential element of a user's experience?If so, a summer internship with Atlassian's Content Design team might be for you!
Atlassian products provide the magic teams need to do amazing things, from helping NASA send a rover to mars to enabling Cochlear to give children the ability to hear. As a graduate within the Content Design team, you'll be empowered to experiment with a variety of approaches to information in the UI, documentation, supporting materials, and anywhere else our customers engage with content. You'll work with writers, designers, developers, product managers, marketers, and support engineers to ensure that the stories we tell are consistent and create a great experience for our customers. As a graduate, you'll gain the experience needed in the agile software development process, Atlassian tools, user research, content strategy, and fast-moving team collaboration to kickstart your career.
One important note: Unfortunately, this role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
If the following describes you, you'll be a great fit:
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- A need to work in a fast-paced environmentExcellent project management skills
- An ability to challenge yourself and others
- A love for guiding users through a fun and creative learning process.
- You will need to able to commit to a 12 week full-time (38hrs / week) internship from late November 2020 until late February 2021 ( We may be able to flex on this slightly if your course timetable does not allow for a 12 week placement during this timeframe).
- You will be currently enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program and graduating by January 2023.
Ideally, you have experience with:
- Writing and editing high-quality, personable content (such as articles, blogs, or websites)
- Following writing standards (including grammar, style, and voice and tone)
- Explaining complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Design thinking and processes (critiques, user journeys, personas)
- Managing and clearly communicating with team members
- Along with your resume, send or point us to an example of great instructional of great instructional content or targeted articles that you've created!
More about you
This internship is for someone who wants to dive into the world of software development, design, and content strategy. You can explain complex features within tiny amounts of product real estate and communicate value in a compelling, clear and effective way.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.