|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to join a team where you help customers use the latest technology, where you receive cutting edge training and where you’re empowered to make a difference?
We need enthusiastic people like you to provide technical direction to our customers to help them realize their full potential. We need you to help them ensure their IT projects are well designed and their environments are optimized and healthy.
WHO WE ARE?
We are Microsoft Consulting Services, and are passionate about delivering Microsoft’s mission:
“to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
We are the Azure Cloud and AI team, and we believe in the power of personal growth and development. We succeed as a team by sharing knowledge and experience.
WHAT WE DO
We provide technical direction to our customers who are deploying, maintaining, or innovating solutions using the latest technology. We enable our customers to have the skills to deploy, support and maintain their environment in line with Microsoft best practices.
Initially this role will be working with a dedicated customer as part of an agile team supporting a large-scale cloud migration and transformation. As the platform consultant within the team, you would be responsible for the build, configuration, and deployment of any virtual infrastructure. This means you need experience of working with at least one primary cloud-based infrastructure as code tool such as Terraform and a knowledge of how to utilize pipelines. You could also be configuring the diagnostics and monitoring for the platform, managing hosting plans and deploying and securing workloads on Azure VMs.
WHAT WE NEED
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with customers.
- A passion for learning about and experimenting with new technologies.
- Confidence in creating and delivering technical presentations and training.
- Ability to build trust to drive change with customers.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Familiarity with Azure and Enterprise program deliveries
Technical skills in the following areas would be desired:
- Designing, implementing, and securing Azure infrastructure resources including Azure Active Directory, Storage and Virtual Networks for hosting Windows and Linux systems
- Designing Hardened Images for Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Knowledge of IIS, Apache Tomcat and WebSphere to deploy and configure on Azure.
- Designing and implementing VM storage as well as configuring and monitoring VM networking and resiliency
- Designing and implementing Azure Disaster Recovery and Azure Backup
- Knowledge of Industry Access Management and Identity Security Solutions like SailPoint
- Experience with Cloud Migrations tools e.g., ASR Azure Migrate and Web Deploy
- Designing monitoring solutions using Log Analytics, Security Center and Azure Sentinel, ad integrating them with other SIEM provider like ArcSight and Splunk
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.