|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A role where two days are truly never the same
- Training and development opportunities within the business
- Develop your career and be rewarded with Downer NZ
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Working in one of the most diverse cities in the country that is well known for being a city on the move whether we are producing food, freight or agriculture. In order to keep our city moving we are looking for Driver Operators to join our Hastings Maintenance team.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding pay rate for minimum 40 hours + penal rates for any overtime!
- Latest technology, plant, machinery and modern gear
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts across insurance providers, retail and trade suppliers!
In this Driver Operator role, you will be operating our machinery and carrying out general maintenance work to assist your crew on our Hawkes Bay maintenance contracts. This is a varied role as no two days will be the same. Your duties could range from assisting the crew with Pavement/footpath maintenance operating machinery such as diggers and rollers. You’ll also get to develop skills in Asphalt and Concrete work which is known as one of the country’s highest regarded skills.
This is a Monday – Friday position with the requirement to work occasional weekends on call.
Along with your background in operating machinery there are a few essentials to what we are looking for:
- Holding a class 2 full New Zealand Drivers licence is essential with WTR endorsements beneficial
- High standard of workmanship with a strong focus on health and safety
- Clear communication skills with the ability to build rapport with your crew and the public
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 578498 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.