|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Hands on internal communications role on high profile defence program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Employee Communications Advisor in our BAE Systems Maritime Australia team based in Osborne, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Employee Communications Advisor, you will be responsible for providing internal communications advice, planning and execution to support the delivery of BAE Systems Australia's company and communication strategy, specifically for the BAE Systems Maritime Australia subsidiary and its programs.
The Employee Communications Advisor is responsible for providing strategic internal communications advice, planning and execution for BAE Systems Maritime Australia and its programs.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager – Maritime Australia you will work closely with internal stakeholders to:
- Support employee engagement and culture across growing professional, engineering and production employee populations
- Protect and enhance company reputation and
- Deliver on our strategy
More specifically, you will:
- Implement the BAE Systems Maritime Australia employee communication strategy that drives culture and communicates company strategy
- Collaborate with senior leaders to ensure they can lead their people through change and deliver personal communication that connects employees with the ‘bigger picture' and strategy
- Monitor issues and trends within the business which may have an impact on employee culture moral and engagement and provide communications advice and input into plans and strategy to help mitigate
- Oversee the delivery of employee communication channels for BAE Systems Maritime Australia and contributed to group-wide employee communication strategy, plans and channels
- Support community investment activities
- Develop creative, compelling and engaging content for a variety of traditional and digital channels and employee audiences in Australia and the United Kingdom
- Collaborate particularly with the People and Culture and Safety, Health and Environment teams to deliver strategic culture and safety communications.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in an employee or internal communications role in a major corporate, government or industrial environment
- Experience in executing employee communications plans that support the delivery of company strategies, culture roadmaps and or safety campaigns
- Skills in advising senior leaders on internal and employee communication matters and coaching them through change
- Related experience in developing employee communications for crisis or issues
- Whilst not essential, community investment experience would be desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Talent Acquisition Lead and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.