|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Grow your career in high demand Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) domain
- Opportunity to make your mark in a significant defence program
- An unrestricted passion to develop our people and the flexibility and mobility to experience adjacent programs
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Organisation with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the project
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of Australian defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security.
Joining to build this complex state-of-the-art Australian capability will provide you with an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity has now arisen for a Support Systems Engineer to support one of our key strategic programs, JORN at our Edinburgh Parks office in Adelaide.
This role covers specialities such as Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM), FMECA, and Logistic Support Analysts (LSA), all of which is undertaken within a well-structured Systems Engineering framework. You will contribute to speciality logistics activities in accordance with the project procedures and work instructions to achieve project technical, schedule and cost goals.
The career path for you will be strong. You will have opportunities to grow your career and extend to leadership roles within a niche yet highly sought after Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) domain. You can transfer and broadly inject your capability into other domains/programs within BAE Systems in the future or follow a career path to grow your ILS capability.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Conduct speciality logistics activities for Project specific requirements
- Develop speciality logistics analysis , associated reports and ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Undertake the validation of the design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Undertake peer review activities of technical documentation to ensure consistent high quality product output
- Undertake product configuration, change management and quality control processes
- Support speciality logistics activities with appropriate Australian, International and Australian Defence standards to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Utilise speciality logistics tools effectively to undertake speciality logistics documentation development and verification
- Autonomously undertake liaison with customers and suppliers as appropriate
- Make speciality logistic decisions within own sphere of responsibility and manage own elements of speciality logistic work packages
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
- Provide regular status information to the relevant supervisors as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrable working knowledge in a speciality logistics environment
- Exposure to the application of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM), Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Logistics Support Analysis (LSA), Life Cycle Costing (LCC) and lifecycle cost of Ownership principles – within a Systems Engineering framework
- Experience across allied industries like mining, power, utilities, infrastructure and Oil & Gas with some exposure to defence project environment is desirable
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain NV1 clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.