|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Permanent Positions with Albemarle –April intake 2021
- Cutting Edge Facility - Greenfield Project
- Bunbury, South West of Western Australia
- Competitive Salary and benefits
- Continuous shift roster
Albemarle Corporation is a global specialty chemicals company with leading positions in lithium, bromine and refining catalysts. Our 5,400 global employees are helping to power many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and pharmaceuticals to transportation and electronics.
Albemarle is currently constructing a lithium hydroxide production plant within the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area near the Western Australian city of Bunbury. The commissioning of the Kemerton site is expected to start in stages during the course of 2021, and by the end of 2021 the plant is expected to be producing battery grade lithium hydroxide to support the world’s growing electric vehicle and battery storage markets. Kemerton trains 1 & 2 are part of the MARBL Lithium JV, a 60:40 joint venture between Albemarle and Mineral Resources Limited.
Reporting to the Laboratory Team Leader, Laboratory Technicians are responsible for ensuring that analytical activities and associated tasks are conducted in a safe, professional, timely manner and in accordance with required policies and procedures.
To be considered for the roles you will possess the following:
- Current WA Driver’s License C Class minimum
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Two years previous laboratory experience and/or experience in sample preparation, ICP-AES, GF-AAS, PSD and classical techniques
- A qualification/certificate in a scientific or related discipline
- Quality focused with a high attention to detail
- The legal right to live and work in Australia
Key job responsibilities
- Organising assigned tasks to maximise laboratory efficiencies
- Managing and preparing samples for analysis
- Undertaking analyses with various analytical equipment and instrumentation as required
- Participating cooperatively in a team environment
- Identifying anomalies in analytical results, sample type and assisting with the investigations of non-conformances and troubleshooting
- Performing required housekeeping duties
- Undertaking calibration and maintenance of equipment, consumables stock inventory control and assisting with other duties as required
- Mentoring inexperienced Laboratory Technicians
What’s on offer?
- Permanent residential position with generous benefits and provision for relocation assistance
- An end-to-end experience – commission, operate and maintain
- An attractive work/life balance in the pristine South West costal region of Western Australia
- Company-wide focus on Safety and Core Values – care, curiosity, courage, collaboration, humility, integrity and transparency.
All applications and communication must be directed only to South West Personnel, to apply please submit your current CV including references.
Both Albemarle and South West Personnel are committed to achieving a diverse workforce through encouraging applications from indigenous Australians for all roles and females for non-traditional female roles.