|Job Type:||Full Time|
What you'll contribute to
Toyota are looking for a District Parts & Service Manager (DPSM) on a permanent basis to help our Dealership partners grow to become the 'Best in Town' Dealer in both Parts & Service.
You will rely heavily on your business acumen and relationship building skills to become a trusted business partner, helping Dealers to continuously improve their Parts Sales & Profitability through various initiatives in Accessory, Crash and Mechanical Sales. In addition, in the Service Dept, the DPSM supports service volume growth and revenue through focus on robust/benchmark Retention & Guest Experience processes.
A major element of the role will see you supporting the implementation and communication of Parts & Service strategies and best practice operations within the Dealer network and for assisting with Dealer access facilitation to the necessary equipment, resources, expertise and support to maximise profitability, guest satisfaction and guest retention.
How you'll make an impact
- Support the implementation and review agreed Parts & Service and best practice processes and procedures consistent with set policies in order to achieve regional after sales targets
- Assist in the development of Parts & Service plans, processes and procedures order to contribute to sustained guest satisfaction and align activities to the overall objectives of regional after sales. Provide feedback on market and network intelligence.
- Support the analysis of data and after sales kaizen inputs to monitor Dealer financial and reporting activities in relation to parts & accessory sales, service sales & retention, guest satisfaction and throughput in order to achieve regional aftersales targets and improve profitability
- Promote, assist and sustain the Minimum Dealer Service and Parts Operational Standards by completing evaluations, 6 monthly checks, certification and recertification in order to ensure regional excellence
- Improve the capacity and capability of regional service and parts departments through the coordination of Dealership staff training, reward and recognition programs, monthly service KPI analysis and completion of CS and Service retention reviews.
- Provide support to stakeholders to build strategic partnerships, align business functions, resolve complex issues, implement countermeasures and improve business processes to minimise risk and support retail development and expansion.
- Assist in the coordination of regional Parts & Service forums to ensure that Regional Parts & Service strategies, progress and issues are clearly communicated to all stakeholders
- Support regional office and Dealer network compliance with all relevant regulations, statutory requirements and TMCA operational requirements, including aspects of the Dealer agreement as well as Toyota For Life, Toyota Service Marketing, Warranty Labour Rate and Warranty System Review in order to minimise Toyota's risk exposure and liabilities.
What we're looking for
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Marketing or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience in sales and/or Aftersales operations
- Experience in project management highly desirable
- Ability to interpret data into meaningful insights
- Understanding of Dealer network and its operational requirements
- Demonstrated leadership skills to train, coach and develop your team
- A proven track record in driving and exceeding set KPI's while also motivating your region to achieve their set KPI's
- An ability to work with stakeholders at all levels since you will need to manage multiple priorities across all departments
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities, tasks and overall expectations
Life at Toyota & What we offer you
At Toyota, anything is possible, and we believe in our people to make it happen. We're proud of every single one of them and give the recognition and reward they deserve. From comprehensive remuneration packages to flexible working conditions and healthcare, we invest in our people to make their career as great as it can be.
Make your impossible, possible & apply today!
You're welcome to find out more by visiting our careers page: www.toyota.com.au/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.