At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
We are looking for a Product Quality Specialist to join our inclusive and high performing team in Perth. Reporting to the Superintendent Product Quality, you will join a team responsible for providing directional guidance to our Supply Chain across four key pillars of the business to ensure the execution of quality management systems and quality control processes. Key responsibilities include:
- Establish, maintain and support quality governance and assurance practices
- Support of supply chain processes and systems across site to meet quality and volume expectations
- Provide recommendations throughout supply chain’s planning cycle
- Utilize BHP’s risk management framework to support a safe and productive quality outcome
- Interface between functional teams
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership capability, and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships across operational mine sites and port. In addition to demonstrated ability to consolidate and analyse information, you will have the skills and knowledge to provide critical thinking and a solution-focused attitude.
You will have access to technology that will enable you to work flexibly, which is key to BHP’s success in addressing the requirements of a diverse workforce. Key requirements include:
- Tertiary degree in Science, Engineering or similar (chemistry, geology, computer science, mathematics, statistics)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability in a medium to large organization
- Strategic and analytical mindset to manage stakeholder relations
- WA drivers licence or equivalent
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including quiet rooms, breakout spaces and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues. There is an in-house crèche available in the building, and external childcare services within the Brookfield Place precinct.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 33298
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.