At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
EY has the largest consumer insight and experience design practices across the major professional services firms in the region. EY Sweeney was formed when EY acquired one of Australia’s largest consumer and business insight practices (Sweeney Research) in late 2014. As an end to end insights practice within EY we do things differently and work on some of the most challenging and interesting projects around for commercial and government clients.
As the pace of change accelerates for both commercial and government sector clients, the role of insight in driving decision-making and inspiring change has gone up a level. The EY Sweeney team work closely with EY colleagues across a wide range of disciplines with a focus on helping clients transform what they do. We are also behind some of the flagship global pieces of thought leadership produced by the firm.
We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do, ambitious about where they want to head in their career and committed to making a difference for clients.
We’d like people to join in Sydney or Melbourne, although we are open to people with the right skillset and experience applying from other locations across Australia and New Zealand.
Your key responsibilities
- Working with senior researchers through the project lifecycle on qualitative and quantitative research studies
- Developing client ready materials including research design, research instruments (discussion guides, questionnaires etc.) and outputs (data analysis, data visualisation, insights driven reporting)
- Working with datasets to drive high quality insights for our clients
- Quality control of client deliverables (surveys, data, documents, etc)
- Working on client proposals and RFP responses
Skills and attributes for success
- Research Consultant: A minimum of 2 years’ research and insights experience, preferably at an agency or consultancy. Key focus – qualitative and/or quantitative research with a willingness to work across both
- Senior Consultant: A minimum of 4 years’ research and insights experience, preferably at an agency or consultancy. Key focus – qualitative and/or quantitative research with a willingness to work across both
- Effective project management skills across the end-to-end research process, with the ability to manage competing timelines and to deliver against set milestones
- Strong analytical, interpretation and writing skills, including demonstrated experience in transforming information into insight and business strategies
- Strong client engagement and presentation skills
- An ability to work with, support and mentor others
- A desire to learn and grow as well as challenge and be challenged