|Job Type:||Full Time|
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
This is a full-time permanent position located at Perth, Head Office.
About the Role:
This position is accountable for providing technical thought leadership in driving the successful planning, organising, design of solutions and delivery of the assigned ICT programs and all interdependent projects against targeted outcomes that include but not restricted to, overall governance, the achievement of set milestones and timeframes, required resourcing, financial performance including cost, budgets and benefits, and stakeholder expirations.
You will be required to provide technical thought leadership, through business strategic alignment and comprehensive technical capability, to relevant program resources (dotted line reporting) in order to successfully drive and deliver; program and initiative related issues, milestones, cross-initiative interdependencies, data quality, portfolio planning and to comply with and enforce appropriate program governance to achieve strategic business outcomes.
Managing service providers as our key delivery partners to deliver to Western Power standards and meet compliance obligations with a sharp eye on quality and delivery will be instrumental to your success in this role. Your attention to detail and strong stakeholder management expertise will enable you to guide our delivery partners to effectively deliver successful outcomes, meeting business defined goals.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- A seasoned professional with broad and or deep range of knowledge and expertise gained through comprehensive experience i.e. 10+ years in senior programme/project management roles, preferably within Information Technology
- Significant experienced in managing large scale complex programs of concurrent projects with multiple workstream’s.
- Proven successful program delivery outcomes within tight timeframes within a complex environment
- Strong negotiation and relationship skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation including C Suite
- Vendor management experience. Delivering successfully through service providers
- Strong commercial acumen, negotiating statements of work and holding service providers to account on their delivery
- Strong knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Ability to lead and influence project stakeholders to achieve business outcomes
- Ability to condense multiple information streams to make informed project decisions
- Proven technical leadership and team building skills when managing large and complex programs and projects
- Strategic perspective, strong analytical and business acumen capability, ability to think conceptually and ability to apply business context to when generating solutions
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Information Technology, Engineering, Project Management or related discipline.
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 9th March 2021
Does this role sound like you? If you're ready to be apart of something great, apply now!