|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the project
Laing O’Rourke is supporting Defence’s operations in the Northern Territory delivering the Larrakeyah Defence Precinct Redevelopment Program as managing contractor.
The Larrakeyah Defence Precinct is a critical enabler and provides support to the sustainment of the Australian Defence Force. The base supports numerous Army, Navy and Joint units, including Headquarters Northern Command, North West Mobile Force (NORFORCE) and HMAS Coonawarra.
The Larrakeyah Defence Precinct Redevelopment Program is a merging of two former projects, J0109 Larrakeyah barracks Defence Precinct and N2238 Facilities to Support Naval Operations in the North.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Project Planner to join us on the Larrakeyah Defence Precinct Redevelopment Program in Darwin. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor, and an international engineering enterprise. Note that this is a residential role, therefor fly in, fly out will not be offered.
- Provide support to the planning and project controls process, and implement best practice, on the project.
- Prepare and assess detailed project plans for all stages and facets of project to aid the project in meeting time-driven outcomes.
- Maintain the program through Primavera P6.
- Interpret and communicate essential sequence of activities.
- Implement robust project controls and accurate reporting and forecasting.
- Prepare daily reports and dashboards and maintain the project controls database.
- 5+ years’ experience in project planning delivery on large-scale construction projects – ideally building projects.
- Existing knowledge of construction techniques, methodologies and processes.
- Skills and experience in using project control systems and processes, with competency in using P6 Primavera, PRISM and MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Delivery focussed, with a high level of self-motivation and drive to support the project in delivering to a tight schedule.
- High level communication skills, and a collaborative, team-oriented approach. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a similar discipline.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.