|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Through rapid growth and with the ongoing focus of our business as we look to the 2021 and beyond, Downer are seeking to engage an additional exceptional Senior Planner (Rail Shutdowns) to support a new project delivery team on a new $50M Civil & Rail project in the Pilbara.
This role is full time and based on an 8 day on – 6 day off rolling roster with Perth as your point of hire. You will fly both ways in the companies’ time and have a back to back on site, so your R & R is your own.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager, you will oversee and ensure compliance to Downer Planning and Scheduling Standards across the project. This is a fast-paced project with multiple shuts on a rolling basis.
You will also be responsible for:
- Preparation of project programs and baseline schedules in P6
- Resource allocations in the program
- Early identification of schedule clashes which may involve in productivity losses to the project
- Ability to schedule in 15-minute incrementals
- Manage subcontractors and review construction programmes
- Prepare Staging and execution diagrams
- Create project schedule for each job, conversant with project complexity and client requirements.
- Identify schedule related risks and opportunities in the process of program development
- Convert estimated plans and schedules to Approved for Construction status, involving key project stakeholders.
- Monitor and provide forecasts and reporting for Project.
- Prepare Project Progress dashboards, identifying causes of delay, Key Milestone tracking, Planned versus Actual, and other customised information for the business visibility.
- Assess the effects of deviations from the project programme
- Communicate delay events and prepare Extension of Time claims with delay assessment.
- Development and maintenance of cost mapping
You will be an excellent communicator that can develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders while supporting Downers ongoing process of continuous improvement and best practice philosophy in all matters relating to program, project scheduling and time management. You will also have:
- Degree/Associate Diploma qualified
- Possess extensive experience in Rail Engineering, Shutdowns or Construction, as well as on site construction work practices and processes.
- Familiar with estimating and project management implementation and procedures
- Proficient in Primavera P6 project management and scheduling software
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- High level of computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to understand and implement contract documentation
- Advanced problem-solving skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work on some of the Australia’s most exciting infrastructure projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Further develop your skills and professional development
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you require further information, please email email@example.com
To register your application; please use the link and apply online. Applications sent directly by email will not be accepted.
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES