|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Rewarding opportunity with a pathway to progress and develop within the business
- You will have the opportunity to work and learn in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment using a suite of tools including DOORS, Cameo and Confluence
- BAE Systems has committed to develop our people to enable flexibility and mobility to experience adjacent programs
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Working with BAE Systems includes immediate access to a full training catalogue of extensive courses and education programs. These national and international courses include both project specific technical training as well as personal development and growth. You can also choose an additional level of development by signing up to our internal mentor program, that can provide one on one career guidance and development feedback.
About the Opportunity
Working on the AGAT project you will work with the other project design and support teams to ensure a systems orientated, integrated approach is taken with respect to the project engineering development and verification activities, and contribute to ultimate acceptance of the design against the contract.
We are looking for an enthusiatic systems engineer who can define and solve complex problems. With reference to budget and schedule they need to derive requirements, scope and acceptance criteria.
This opportunity will see you:
- Deployed to a critical Defence program (AGAT) to supply requisite systems engineering rigour, best practice benchmarks and discipline leadership
- Develop and manage system requirements and design including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documentation, component and interface specifications
- Work within an team systems engineers, working closely with teams of other disciplines
- Support the Systems Engineering Team Lead in a variety of specific leadership tasks
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, verification and validation, acceptance testing and certification
- Embrace and champion the transition towards a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology across the business
- Participate in ensuring that designs meet all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge to enable, support and deliver products robustly, demonstrating they meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance (Essential)
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous (Ideal but not essential)
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within a Systems, Electronics, Software, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering Experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- This is a fantastic opportunity with a defined pathway to an engineering leadership role.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol