|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Play a key part working on a variety of interesting Electronic Warfare Programs
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Working with BAE Systems includes immediate access to a full training catalogue of extensive courses and education programs. These national and international courses include both project specific technical training as well as personal development and growth. You can also choose an additional level of development by signing up to our internal mentor program, that can provide one on one career guidance and development feedback.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer to work across a variety of our Electronic Warfare programs. Play a key part in the design and development of electronic systems on Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) or similar Programmable Logic Devices (PLD).
The position seeks a candidate who is a team player, who sees projects through from inception to delivery and whom can be trusted to work independently to deliver on project scope and outcomes.
The role is best suited towards a candidate who wants to remain technical / hands on long term or wants to develop their career in a technical direction, i.e. Technical Lead, Technical Authority or Subject Matter Expert.
This opportunity will see you;
- Maintain and debug existing VHDL firmware.
- Develop new VHDL firmware for the latest catalogue of products.
- Design and layout of complex high performance PCBAs.
- Working with the design engineers to validate electronic designs prior to manufacture.
- Working with the design engineers and technicians to troubleshoot designs.
- Providing direction to junior firmware engineers and graduates on how to develop firmware so they upskill and effectively contribute to firmware development activities.
- Report on the status and progress of firmware engineering activities
- Contribute to the estimation of firmware development level of effort for bids and project estimation.
- Maintain Firmware in Version Control and Configuration Management tools i.e. Git.
- Participate in Firmware Review activities.
- Participate in Firmware Documentation activities.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Good knowledge of overall engineering development lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of Digital Signal Processing theory.
- Experience in developing VHDL firmware, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of firmware solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing.
- Knowledge of circuit board design, processors, analog and digital circuitry.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved
- Ability to obtain Defence Security Clearance.
Whilst not essential, it would be nice to have a familiarity with C++, linux and Matlab modelling.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain NV1 clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.