|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
UGL Unipart Rail Services Pty Ltd (UGL Unipart) was founded in December 2011 as a Joint Venture between UGL (Australia) and Unipart Rail (UK). UGL Unipart operates a Rail Maintenance Facility at Auburn where it maintains rolling stock for Sydney Trains, Transport for New South Wales and other rail operators.
UGL Unipart is seeking an experienced Delivery Managers - Components for work within various workshops on site including - Airbrakes, Wheel line, Private contract bogie and Bogie shop. This is a full time permanent position working a 38 hour week (with reasonable over time as per a salaried positions) with shifts start at 6.00am.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role will see you working closely with your front line team, UGLU management, Engineering, supply chain and technical managers to ensure that the Car Plan/ build schedule is maintained within the required planned versus actual hours and for the performance management and safety of their direct reports, and as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Mechanical trades or engineering background
- Experience with in a production/manufacturing environment
- Previous experience supervising a team of mixed trades with in maintenance, manufacturing and engineering
- Proven project management skills
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing resource planning systems and procedures
- Sound understanding of budgetary, cost control, performance measurement activities
- Experience in practical applications of modern team working concepts and open operating environments
- Proficient skills in computers\: MS Word, Excel, email.
- A working Knowledge of a quality control system
- A working knowledge of WHS
Desirable but not essential
- Rail rolling stock experience
- RISI / RSW Accreditation
- Working knowledge and awareness of the rail industry and Rail Safety Act
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.