|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our customer centric mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that help Microsoft customers realize their business outcomes through adoption of our products and digital services as part of the customer journey.
We are looking for a Chief Architect to help us drive digital transformations in the Australian market as we inspire and educate our customers through clarity, thought leadership, strategic thinking, and execution excellence.
The Chief Architect role in Microsoft Customer Success Unit (CSU) is a key role that embodies the continuous development and execution of the CSU’s technology strategy. Chief Architects are industry role models for thought leadership and technical excellence, to both our customers and technical communities and are on point to drive growth The Chief Architect leverages their technical, business and market knowledge to engage deeply and widely, they synthesize, shape and act upon patterns that exist in the industry, customers, partners, and our people.
The Chief Architect is a customer facing role that contributes to the success of our most challenging projects through technical leadership and guidance., they provide feedback and direction to improve the next generation of product, services and people. The Chief Architect, prioritises customer collaboration over contract negotiations, rapidly responds to change over following a strict plan and unlocks market opportunities. As the Chief Architect you are just as comfortable writing code as you are presenting in the boardroom
Key responsibilities include:
- Customer Thought Leadership: engage with C-level to progress the digital transformation by adding value to their strategic thinking, initiatives, and planning. Help drive new opportunities in collaboration with the account and sales teams. Author blogs, articles, newsletters, and other artefacts to demonstrate industry leadership. Attend and speak at major conferences, seminars, and user groups. Sponsor innovation programs.
- Industry Technical Leadership: ensure architectures are delivered within best practices and well-established standards. Define reference architectures, patterns, and frameworks. Act as a technical leader to the most complex customer projects, helping rescue, unblock and progress difficult engagements. Sponsor technical leadership development programs. Influence product roadmap.
- Technical Strategy: Define the technical strategy for the CSU in collaboration with our Business Group, our Sales organisation and Account teams and ensure execution in the field. Determine areas of focus considering market and industry trends and patterns. Identify main gaps in product capability and help address these gaps to maximize product adoption.
- Completeness of Customer Solution: ensure our Azure solutions leverage and integrate well with other Microsoft Clouds (Office 365 and Dynamics), and hybrid multi-cloud offerings to maximise the return on customer investment (ROI) from technology.
- Readiness Strategy: identify trend/patterns and work with our business group to align field strategy. Determine technical skilling required within the CSU according to current and future market demands. Help create technical skilling initiatives within the CSU to complement those driven by worldwide community.
- Technical Skilling: act as a role model and help mentor and coach Cloud Solution Architects. Promote cloud skill bootcamps, open hacks, communities of practice (CoP) and help promote major customer and partner events.
- Role Modelling: demonstrate integrity and career potential for technical leaders. Actively promote Microsoft values, CSU culture of customer success first, and architectural principles.
The Chief Architect will have a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep solution and technology knowledge, and the ability to provide strategic technical direction and leadership.
Ideal candidates will have 7+ years of experience in technology and architecture leadership, be self-motivated, confident in working at a senior level and competent in operating in a matrix organization in which results are driven through influence.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
Below are the preferred knowledge and skills, even if you cannot demonstrate all of them, if you are passionate, tech-minded and possess a track record of having solved real life problems we want to hear from you!
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies, e.g. Azure, AWS and/or Google cloud - the cloud.
- A deep understanding of markets, customers and multiple technologies and have demonstrated skills creating architecture and deploying technology to solve business problems.
- Vast knowledge and experience in architecture roles - experience in running an architecture practice is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, challenge, inspire and influence others while thinking differently about problem solving.
- Ability to drive business transformation through thought leadership and strategic thinking, acting as trusted advisor to our customers.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills with proven track record of synthesizing complex technology visions to create clarity for customers.
- Strong technical leadership and ability to influence the market through speaking at events, social media presence, articles, and other artefacts.
- Remarkable interpersonal skills and ability to act as a role model not just for your team and wider MS Australia but for the Australian Cloud market.
- Experience in a variety of industries, segments, and business settings.
- Demonstrable ability to succeed in situations with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Experience in driving diverse and inclusive workplaces.
- Must have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
Microsoft has a flexible working culture and on an average week your time could be split between our Microsoft offices, customer locations and your home. We offer competitive salary, bonus and benefits.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.