|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Define the overall system architecture and deliver functional capability to the business
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- 12-month fixed term opportunity
- Location Osborne Naval Shipyard, SA
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history is now underway in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a System Architect in our BAE Systems Maritime Australia team in the Osborne Naval Shipyard.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the System Architect, you will be responsible for mapping the current state and the target state of the overall system architecture. This includes the hardware and software, which underpin the solutions that deliver functional capability to the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
You will be responsible for guiding the technical design process and ensuring the technical solution addresses business and customer requirements.
In addition to this, you will identify technology improvement opportunities and ensure the underlying infrastructure of the environment is stable, scalable and automated.
You will develop an IM&T HCFP ship building Strategy that meets the requirements of the business and CoA in Australia.
You will build the required business capability to support ship building initially in the UK staging area and migrate the capability from the UK to Australia ready to support shipbuilding.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience with on premise virtualisation technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, and OVM
- Experience with Windows Server features such as Active Directory, File Services, DHCP, DNS and IIS
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, NFS and Apache
- Experience with Data Protection platforms such as Commvault and Netbackup
- Experience with scripting languages for automation such as Python and PowerShell
- Exposure to public cloud platforms, in particular IaaS and PaaS (e.g Azure, AWS)
- Desktop Virtualisation Experience in Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops, Horizon View
- Experience with database platforms such as Oracle RDBMS and Microsoft SQL
- Exposure to Software Defined Networking
- Experience leading design activities for complex systems and working in Scrum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience producing simple diagrams to convey complex technical problems
Whilst not essential, a diploma or degree in Information Technology will be an advantage.
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.