|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years experience in a project management role in marketing, sales, or consulting.
- Experience in managing direct sales.
- Experience in analysing product, customer, market dynamics, and opportunities in the analytics and online advertising space, preferably in the SMB sector.
- Experience managing external partners and/or vendors to shared performance targets.
- Demonstrated analytical and organisational skills; ability to develop product strategy/positioning, business plans, customer and market insights, analyse campaign effectiveness and ROI.
- Penchant for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics and strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- Understanding of the search, online advertising, or web publishing market.
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The Google Marketing team is responsible for marketing the company's product portfolio to end users, partners and customers worldwide. Within Google Marketing, Small and Medium sized Business (SMB) Marketing is tasked with helping small businesses thrive online and building healthy digital economies. If you have a passion for helping small businesses succeed, driving fast-paced growth of Google in Australia, and working with teams across the world, then this might be the place for you.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Own and develop integrated marketing programs to find, attract, acquire, and engage hard-to-reach SMB advertisers in Australia and New Zealand and analyze marketing programs to optimize overall results.
- Lead advertiser acquisition marketing campaigns through all phases of the campaign lifecycle, including strategy and creative development, audience segmentation and targeting, execution to exacting brand standards, coordination with outsourced and in-house sales and support partners, and measurement of results and ROI.
- Fully own and execute core online and offline direct marketing channels and budgets including cross-sell, direct mail, search and display advertising.
- Build Google's brand and support new SMB clients through growing key marketing partnerships with B2B businesses, associations, and media companies.