At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our inclusive and dedicated Modifications and Projects team. Reporting to the Lead Project Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Providing input into the Modifications & Projects portfolio and the related budgets, plans and schedules.
- Project management specifications in accordance with relevant processes and the BHP Small Projects Management Framework.
- Producing the specified key deliverables within projects in a timely manner to an appropriate quality.
- Managing projects cost and schedule according to allocated budget, rectifying any variances and ensuring sufficient contingencies are in place to allow project success
- Reporting on your project portfolio in terms of budget, schedule, risks and issues to internal stakeholders on a monthly basis.
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership capability, and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships across project teams. You will have access to technology that will enable you to work flexibly, which is key to BHP’s success in addressing the requirements of a diverse workforce.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- High motivation to succeed with the agility to adapt to varying project conditions
- Experience in managing projects within the mining or related industry is highly desirable
- A Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Project Management is desirable
- The ability to work autonomously with distinctive proficiency in executing Engineering Modifications & Small Projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
You will be based at Port Hedland on a 5/2 4/3 FIFO or Mon-Fri residential roster. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. Additionally you will have access to the state of the art aquatic and sporting facilities in the town of Port Hedland. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.