|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to effectively coordinate the train crew and yard operations, ensuring cost effective deployment of resources while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Oversee day to day movements of rolling stock and ensure that all operations are executed on time
- Manage the daily operations changes to meet all train service and maintenance activity timeframes
- Develop, implement and manage processes, systems and procedures for supply chain performance and the attainment of the daily schedule
- Develop and maintain the knowledge, skills and attributes of self and the team and ensure the team has clear, measurable goals and objectives aligned to the plan and business targets
- Promote high performance expectations within a supportive team environment and encourage continuous improvement activities
- Ensure that all business activities comply with all the relevant legislation and company procedures
You will have a high level of communication skill and pride yourself on your ability to deliver value to customers. Operating in a dynamic work environment, you will bring the following skills to the position:
- Demonstrated skills within short term scheduling or similar positions
- Train driving and/or shunt qualified (preferred)
- Cert IV Frontline Management or equivalent (preferred)
- Substantial level of analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Previous frontline leadership experience in rail yard operations or heavy industry
- Demonstrated ability in the use of computers and Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (86535), please contact Jason on 08 9212 2568