|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
Due to continuous growth Mott MacDonald's leading Rail Transport team is seeking to engage an experienced Rolling Stock Engineer. You will work collaboratively across the ANZ business on key rail projects such as Sydney Metro EDS, SDMS and More Trains More Services, working alongside our key clients and assist in delivering the growing portfolio of work in New South Wales.
In the role of Rolling Stock Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical specialist support in rolling stock and railway systems engineering disciplines.
We are committed to supporting a diverse workforce, with varied levels of experience. You will be passionate, motivated, committed to the highest standards of service, focused on fostering client relationships and exceptional project outcomes.
What you will bring to the team:
* Knowledge of rolling stock and its subsystems with experience in one or more of: design, manufacture, technical advisory, testing and commissioning, maintenance and overhaul, asset management and operation
* Providing technical and specialist engineering guidance and expertise on rollingstock
* Specialist knowledge of one or more rolling stock disciplines (e.g. traction systems, train control systems, etc.)
* Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering mechanical or electrical
* Chartered status, or working toward chartership is desirable
* Experience of system integration and knowledge of the complete railway systems is desirable
* Knowledge of the local market, industry standards and approvals would be advantageous
* Willingness to support interstate and international projects
In return, we offer opportunities for continuous career progression by contributing to a diverse project portfolio consisting of boutique, large scale local and international projects. You will build connections with our international expertise and bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on.
There's no time like the present to make a change.