The more informed we are about what is happening on our roads, and within the functional areas that support them, the better we can plan for the future. Our Accounting Services team play a critical part in supporting projects across various areas such as West Gate Tunnel, Technology and Customer teams, providing project accounting and analytical insights to the business.
As the Finance Manager - Project & Fixed Assets Accounting, you'll lead a small team and contribute to ensuring that all project costs and fixed assets are accurately captured, allocated, projected and reported. This position will span across our assets, maintenance and operational teams, giving you exposure across multiple parts of the business.
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract
The impact you'll have:
- You'll oversee, lead and manage the cyclical month end activities related to project accounting, fixed assets and intangible assets accounting, including capitalisation of new assets, disposal, depreciation and amortisation etc.
- You'll lead and deliver continuous improvements in project, fixed assets and broader general accounting through process consistency, standardisation, automation, and developing talent within the accounting team.
- You'll get deeply involved in preparing and reviewing budget inputs for major maintenance work (you'll have to work closely with the business to accomplish the task).
- You'll assist internal stakeholders with understanding of the accounting behind projects, fixed assets and intangible assets, including providing support to the external auditors with regards to the above.
- You'll support the Head of Accounting Services and the peer group with other month-end activities to achieve 100% meeting of close and control timetables.
The talents you'll bring:
- You'll have a strong technical accounting knowledge (including but not limited to project and fixed assets accounting), ideally from an operational or assets-based business/ industry. Working knowledge of policy related to capitalisation of project expenditure would be advantageous
- Ideally, you'll have had exposure to leading a small team, but not afraid to get stuck in to the detail
- Degree qualified in Business, Commerce or Finance, you'll also have your professional accounting accreditation (such as CA or CPA)
- As a strong communicator, you enjoy dealing with various stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- You have strong focus on operational excellence to drive the best outcomes
- You enjoy problem solving and enjoy the various challenges that come with a fast-paced and evolving organisation.
- Comfortable with change, you have a growth mindset allowing you to be open minded and able to adapt to new situations with ease (and lead the team in such environment)
- Systems savvy, you're keen to learn our ERP, Workday.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now.