|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent to support the Hawk Mk127 Lead-In Fighter aircraft
- Utilise your flight systems experience to support continuing airworthiness and design projects
- Ability to work from home with potential flexibility of occasional onsite presence at Williamtown, NSW or RAAF base at Pearce, Perth
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Working with BAE Systems includes immediate access to a full training catalogue of extensive courses and education programs. These national and international courses include both project specific technical training as well as personal development and growth. You can also choose an additional level of development by signing up to our internal mentor program, that can provide one on one career guidance and development feedback.
About the Project
The Hawk Lead-In Fighter (LIF) is the world's most successful advanced military jet trainer aircraft built on more than 35 years of fast jet training experience.
The Hawk Mark 127 Lead-In Fighter, a tandem two-seater jet aircraft, is a “flying classroom”.
BAE Systems is committed to delivering value for money on a fully flexible, scalable and upgradable platform. This includes a spiral capability development upgrade process to ensure the platform and training systems continue to meet Australia's current and future fast-jet training requirements.
About the Opportunity
A new opportunity has arisen to join our Aircraft Sustainment and Training Business unit and provide fundamental service of BAE Systems to the RAAF as part of the in-service support contract of the Hawk 127 LIF trainer aircraft. This role offers ability to work at the aircraft site, seeing direct impact of your work!
Working in a team of engineers, you will provide technical guidance across a number of general aircraft systems including hydraulics, landing gear, Environmental Control, ejection and propulsion.
This role provides variety and opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including (but not limited to) the maintenance workforce, aircrew and Tactical Fighter Systems Program Office (TFSPO) staff.
You will exercise of engineering judgment within broad and often undefined parameters in the overall interests of the project, in accordance with Defence Aviation Safety Regulations (DASR) to meet the agreed operational needs of the customer. The role covers, DASR Part M-Continuing Airworthiness Management Regulation, Part 21J- Military Design Organisation Approval and Military Type Certificate Holder activities.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Conduct technical investigation of problems emanating from the maintenance, logistics, or operating environment, with on-site aircraft and equipment test facilities available to assist in this process
- Develop, review and approve changes to the aircraft design to address defects or introduce new capability
- Provide support to the broader engineering team across system integration, upgrades, modifications, substitutions, repairs and design content for modification, documentation and publications, of aircraft mechanical and flight systems within a delegated level of engineering authority
- Liaise with the RAAF, operators, maintenance personnel, airworthiness authorities both in Australia and abroad to ensure design integrity
- Conduct technical information reviews to determine applicability, defining any necessary action and embodiment implementation
- Ensure that the applicable aircraft and aircraft equipment remain technically acceptable to the Customer, ensuring the equipment continues to conform to the authorised basis of certification and specifications of design requirements
- Provide professional development, mentoring and guidance to staff within the engineering team
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Sound working knowledge of aircraft systems such as landing gear, hydraulics, propulsion systems, flight controls, environmental conditioning systems, oxygen generation and life support systems
- Tertiary engineering qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia
- Previous military aircraft experience is highly regarded but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable you to work effectively with others and to be able to influence across all levels of the business
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain Baseline clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.