|Job Type:||Full Time|
Please complete your application before April 6, 2021Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Physics, or technical field related to quantum computing or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in programming and/or experience in infrastructure/system administration.
- Associate Cloud Engineer certification or relevant Cloud Computing experience.
- Experience with software development platforms and solutions.
- Experience with sales, customer service, and/or technical support.
- Familiarity with Linux, networking, and related Web technologies.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Sales Engineer University Graduate Program offers 12 to 18 months of on-the-job training that will prepare you for a successful engineering career at Google. You will work in a Pre-Sales capacity while assisting Account Executives in problem-solving key technical issues for customers in small and medium businesses and startups while liaising with the Product Marketing Management and Engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and to devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
You will undergo extensive training preparing you to add value on day one of customer engagement and build your business and technical skills under the direct mentorship of experienced staff members across Google Cloud Sales Engineering teams. You will also have the opportunity to develop project management, presentation, and customer-facing skills.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Develop skills in the role through mentorship and guidance of the Customer Engineering team supporting technical opportunities for customers.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight Google Cloud value proposition using whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, and trial management.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
- Solve customers' operational issues through problem solving and technical troubleshooting, while working with internal teams to drive resolution. Help customers get answers to product questions.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing customer feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering.