At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
This role is fly-in fly out based, from Perth to Newman, on a 8 day 6 day off roster. You will be based at our ‘Eastern Ridge’ mine.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Maintenance Execution, you will be responsible for repairs and maintenance to highway going trucks, light vehicles, generators and dewatering pump units, lighting plants, mobile and classified plant equipment.
- Perform Auxiliary Equipment and Vehicle Maintenance
- Following Maintenance Work Management Processes
- Operation of mobile equipment within limits of competence, training and experience
- Accurate completion of technical documentation, reports and drawings as required
- Use of computerized maintenance systems (SAP), including time confirmations, raising notifications and closing work orders
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with rescheduling of work, organizing and coordinating resources, scoping of work and determining priorities when required
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- HR Licence
- Heavy commercial diesel mechanic trade certificate or equivalent
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within a team to achieve outcomes
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.