|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Fantastic new opportunity for a Project Manager
- 2 year fixed term contract
- Based in Eastern Creek with travel to Ultimo
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policies outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
TransGrid is reinforcing the transmission network in southern NSW with HumeLink - a new 500 kV transmission line project that will improve the flow of electricity between new generation sources and major demand centres in NSW.
HumeLink will provide a crucial hub for the flow of electricity in the National Electricity Market (NEM). The project will enable high volume energy transfer around the NEM improving access to affordable electricity.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Project Manager Substations to join our HumeLink Major Projects team. This role is responsible for the delivery of a component the HumeLink projects across TransGrid’s network. Reporting to the Program Manager, this role will require a high level of project management experience to execute a significant quantity of work across the state to appropriate technical, work health & safety, environmental, budget, time, statutory and quality standard requirements. The role will also have the responsibility of guiding, mentoring and coaching more junior project managers and graduates.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Project Manager Substations for HumeLink you will:
- Manage the early stage project support and daily coordination of Engineering, Estimating, Supply Chain and Construction resources through the pre-construction activities for high voltage transmission projects (lines and substations)
- Manage the execution of the development phase of the project to achieve project approval completion within agreed budget, time and accepted quality standards. This will require time on site as necessary
- Ensure compliance with relevant financial requirements
- Analyse and manage project schedules and program
- Monitor and report to management on project progress, cost and performance against program and budget targets using corporate tools;
- Provide advice, information, reports and submissions on project performance to achieve project objectives
- Ensure that project risks are identified, assessed and updated. Monitor and report to management on project risks and issues
- Ensure all audit and related outcomes (Incident Report in ARMS) are dealt with in a timely manner and not allowed to become overdue without appropriate reason
- Prepare specifications, establish and manage contracts
- Negotiate with contractors and monitor contractor performance
- Manage contract risk and liabilities
- Recommend suitable tenders following examination of offers against technical and commercial conformance to specifications
- Communicate and engage other groups, branches and external consultants to provide specific inputs to project management and implementation.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Work and operate in a manner which supports the Health and Safety outcomes of our people and our business
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Electrical Engineering or equivalent substantial industry experience
- Project Management qualification at Diploma level or higher (Advanced Diploma desirable) along with Project Management qualifications e.g. PMI, AIPM reg certification
- Extensive experience in the management of projects, and includes investigation, specification preparation, project planning and scope development
- Experience in contract management
- High level influencing and negotiation skills
- High standard of communication and report writing skills, personal integrity and professionalism
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards, TransGrid Policies and Procedures and Government policy guidelines, which govern safety, engineering design, environmental assessment for the implementation of transmission line and substation projects
- An ability to understand and interpret drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to assess time/cost/labour estimates for projects and services
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.